play an important role in the education of their children and have a responsibility to support the efforts
of school staff in maintaining a safe and respectful learning environment for all students. Parents fulfill this
responsibility when they:
● Show an active interest in their child’s school work and progress.
● Provide a suitable environment for regular homework and ensure that their child completes school
assignments and prepares for the next day’s work.
● Communicate regularly with the school.
● Attempt to attend school events and meetings and give constructive input and support to school.
● Ensure their child to be appropriately dressed and prepared for school.
● Ensure that their child attends school regularly and on time.
● Promptly report to the school their child’s absence or late arrival.
● Become familiar with the Code of Conduct and school rules.
● Encourage and assist their child in following the rules of behaviour and language.
● Support & assist school staff in dealing with disciplinary issues.